Wishing you health, happiness, love and lots to smile about for you and your loved ones…
When I look back at my resolutions for 2012, I realize I´ve accomplished some of them, but others were left in the dust.
Last night, on our back to my MIL´s place after a fun evening at my in-laws, a French song came on the radio. And I started singing out loud, a smile on my face, even dancing a little. I felt happy and like I could do anything I set my mind to.
I´d like to keep some of this feeling all year long. I know there will be ups and downs. I know I cannot plan every single thing and that there will be moments I want to curl up in a ball and cry. But…I also need to fully enjoy the happy moments like those ones. I need to not be afraid of what could come and look forward to what I can make happen.
And I´m going to start with THE JAN PLAN – brainchild of Fabulous Christa. In January, I will finish one project.
See last year, I wanted to finish PLAYING WITH FIRE, revise it, and query it. Well…I did finish it, revised it but then realized it needed a rewrite. Instead, I wrote an entirely new book, revised it (several times) and even started querying it before I entered it in PitchWars. There, not only was I chosen as an alternate by the lovely Dahlia, I also received some feedback on how I could make ONE TWO THREE stronger.
I thought long and hard about the suggestions and comments…and started revising. Again. And wow…I mean…wow. This revision is kicking my butt. Don´t get me wrong, all my revisions were tough but I feel like this one is helping me connect even more with my characters and I think it makes the story shine.
But…I´m only on Chapter 6 and I need to be done with it by the end of January, as even the alternates for PitchWars will be showcased on a blog for agents to look through should they wish to.
I´m on a deadline. And with JanPlan I can also get inspired by all those participating and cheer them on as I work hard to meet that deadline.
What else am I planning to achieve in 2013?
- Write GUILTY, revise it and maybe query it (if ONE TWO THREE doesn´t find a home…)
- Do more sports aka stop fighting my husband when he wakes me up to go jog. I do love jogging but sometimes the leaving the comfort of my bed to go jog during the week is tough.
- Finding more of a balance. Work has been insane last year. And while I don´t think it will slow down in 2013, I need to find better ways to deal with it. Especially since my hubby will probably travel more and his schedule will get even busier.
- I´m taking part in the Debut Author Challenge – to read and review at least 12 Debut Authors this year. I´ll share the list of Debut I am planning to read this year later on, but I can already tell you I´m quite excited about this year of reading.
- Find a way to spend more time with my family-even if it´s only on Skype.
- Enjoy more care-free moments with my hubby (and my cat),and more me-time.
- I want to cook more, and bake more.
- Attend the SCBWI conference in Paris.
- Meet some of my dear blogger/Twitter friends IRL
- And many more…
My words for 2013?
Several lovely ladies (including Katy and Erin) last year picked a word as resolution…They were inspired by Jessica Corra who instead of coming up with resolutions picked a Word of the Year as she explained: Resolutions are too compartmental, too specific and practical. I prefer a word, an attitude, a way of being.
As you can see, I still like to have some goals and resolutions for a given year but I think there´s a certain way of being that goes along with them.
So for 2013, I ´ll pick two words:
PERSEVERANCE and APPRECIATE
What are you looking forward to in 2013?