Hello * waves*
My name is Elodie. I am a French girl living in Germany, I called the US home for 7 years. I am happily married to ”The Chemical Engineer”. I spend a lot of time in commuting and I write YA novels. I love books and have been in a long term relationship with them since I was a little girl. This is a happily ever after type of story, even if they do make me cry sometimes. I love movies (all types), Disney movies (Beauty and the Beast is my favorite), TV shows. I try to run and to workout on a regular basis (it´s supposed to help with stress). I miss my piano.
In the past few weeks, I was tagged in a lot of 11 questions and the such (thanks again!) so here is the compilation of all those questions and random facts. That´s really a lot about me
11 questions about me
1. Think of one person you aren’t able to see for whatever reason (distance, availability, etc.) you would love to meet up with. Who is this person? This can be a famous person, a relative, a literary agent–anyone, as long as they are alive.
2. If you were a crayon, what colo(u)r would you be, and why?
Blue. Like the sky. Like hope. Like happy.
3. When you get (or got) “the call” from an agent, who will be (or was) the first person you will tell (or you told)?
My hubby would be the first person I would tell. I´m not sure he´ll understand the words coming out of my mouth though, I might be a tad over the moon.
4. What genre(s) do you write?
I recently finished the first draft of a YA paranormal romance and I started a YA contemporary romance.
5. What is your secret weapon of choice?
6. If you could sit down for coffee with any historical figure, who would it be?
Louis XIV – I have a healthy fascination with this period.
7. What was the #1 song the day you were born?
My friend “Google” told me that the #1 song in the US on August 18th, 1981 was: Endless Love (Diana Ross & Lionel Richie)
8. If you could speak a (another) foreign language which would it be?
Russian. First, it´s a beautiful language and then…I could understand the jokes hubby and his family make – they´re not easy to translate…
9. Which series are you eagerly anticipating the newest release for?
I cannot wait for Insurgent by Veronica Roth! Just a few more months…
10. Keeping with the foodie theme, what’s your signature dish? Something you make that blows people away and that you luuuuurve.
Aussie Chicken. It´s a dish which resembles one from Outback (love that place) and it has a lot of yummy ingredients: chicken, honey mustard sauce, mushrooms, fried onions, mashed potatoes, bacon…hmmm
11. What’s something that made you smile today?
Catching up with one of my best friends (big hug across the ocean Tonya!)
18 facts about me
- I recently developed an addiction to pinterest (there are a loooot of shiny things on there)
- At my wedding, I danced with my father to this song
- I used to live in Maryland
- I got to see Jon Stewart at a show in Columbia and at the taping of the Daily Show
- I like to read people magazines (People, US Weekly…) – yes I do
- I don´t really like change but still go through the motions
- I love to play scrabble
- A great evening with friends can be spent playing poker
- I love Disney movies
- I am 30 years old
- My hubby is also called The Chemical Engineer
- My married name is Ukrainian
- I played volleyball in Junior high
- I miss the piano (played it from the age of 5 until 15)
- My hometown is a village (less than 600 people) an hour from Paris
- I have two older sisters – yes I am the baby of the family
- I first came to the US as an “Au Pair” and I took care of two little girls (they were my junior bridesmaids at my wedding)
11 more questions about me
- If you could visit just one place in Europe, where would it be? Home. So that I could spend time with my family.
- Do you have a favourite book? Nope. Really. I love too many books to play favorite or I´d just feel bad to pick just one.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the bathroom. Not my thing.
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why? I like my age right now. 30 is good. But that can only work if everybody can stay the same age. I could not stay young while everybody else grows older. I mean have you seen Highlander, it´s not easy!
- Do you have any bad habits and what are they? I have plenty of bad habits. I can be super organized at work and not as much at home (even though that is getting better). Worrying too much. Just to name two.
- What is the one thing that you love the most about yourself? I am nice to others and I don´t judge easily at all. Basically I am much easier on others than on me
- How many languages can you speak? Fluently: 3
- How did you come up with your blog name? I spend more than 2 hours each day commuting…and I´m a girl
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings (full details please)? Nope the only thing pierced are my ears…
- If you had to be a mystical/supernatural being which would you be (e.g. Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie, Wicca, Banshee, Succubus, Ghost etc) and why? Probably a ghost, I don´t feel like biting people, werewolves are a bit too hairy for my taste. I enjoy Zombie movies (and the Walking Dead series) but come on zombies just don´t appear to be super happy people…As a ghost, I´ll make sure others are ok or I´ll look for The Ghost Whisperer
- What is the one item you can’t live without (not a person or pet!) a book